Saturday, April 8, 2017

CCR Brain Storming

How do your products use or challenge conventions and how do they represent social groups or issues?
  • My product challenges the convention of portraying the Arab as the "bad guy". For once, the Arab is visited as a natural human being, with a family and passion. Yet, my character is not just a social group: he is an artist, unconventional, newly estranged to a country. I have utilized the convention of trailer+ teaser trailer; plus, the convention of the movie website and movie poster is already set in stone. Yet, for me, I have also utilized the text and black screen describing the film in the main trailer as a convention. The challenging conventions portion comes with the teaser: it'll be played solely with music in the background.

How do the elements of your production work together to create a sense of ‘branding’?
  • All of my separate components incorporate an artistic element within. I am planning to make the website artistic and appealing to the youth; moreover, the branding is for younger millennials. Even though I don't want my film to be focused on the art (as I have explained previously), adding this artistic element with the movie poster and trailers make it appeal to the audience more easily.

How do your products engage with the audience and how would they be distributed as real media products?
  • My main trailer tells an interesting, controversial story, which is bound to catch the audience. This hot topic is bound to receive reception, whether negative or positive, so I will take advantage of that. I will make a Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook page for my movie and be active on it. I will also have to find ways to be incorporated into popular applications as an advertisement, such as Spotify or Snapchat. I want my movie poster to be spread throughout the Internet; after all, this film is for the younger, Internet dependent generation. Distributing flyers isn't going to help me much with this one.

How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?
  • Hardware: Tripod, Camera, Mise-en-scene: those are all obviously very important to filming and setting the "vibe" for the film. I asked my actor to dress more "artsy" for the Wynwood scenes and more professional for the airport scenes.
  • Software: Final Cut Pro, AfterEffects, QuickTime: I play the videos on Quicktime while I edit them on the other two applications
  • Online: Of course, there's all the research done with the subject (articles), as well as the research for the artwork, technical aspects of the project, and marketing. As I get closer to making the website and the social media websites, I will definitely be embarking on more research. There's never enough research!!

No comments:

Post a Comment