Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Update with Editing

For my first trailer, the main non-teaser one, I have had progress with editing in terms of placing the events in sequence and the black screen of the trailer descriptions. What I am first showing is the airport scenes that I shot; for example, snippets that reveal it's in a Miami airport and that the main character is of Iraqi origin (with the passport).

Then, I have incorporated several landscape shots establishing the setting as Miami; for example, a Miami shuttle bus and a shot that presents a landscape movement. This serves as a transition from the airport scene to the Wynwood scene: introducing the art and the lively atmosphere within Miami. This is to highlight the awe and beauty of Miami and how that contrasts with the character's background.

Then, there are snippets shot during the night in Lincoln Road. The transition to the conflict of the film is shown with the character discovering the ban, which will probably be read from a digital device. I want to portray the character's struggle as he desperately tries to connect with his family through Facebook; those recurring digital references reflect the tech-savvy reality of millennials as well as serving as an appealing factor to my target audience. Those so far are what I have edited for my main trailer; I think that I still need to consider some options (detailed in the following blog posts), but it sets a solid base for the sequence as well as the message I am trying to convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment