Thursday, March 30, 2017

More Editing Updates

So for the motion media design of the words (that are going to appear on the black screen throughout the intervals), I have downloaded Adobe Aftereffects (the trial) to accomplish this. I also will use this to design the title of the film at the end of the trailer. I am going more into the technical aspects of creating the trailer; for example, the sound design. For the beginning of the trailer, I want a slow, suspenseful music that will introduce the setting and situation. Then, I also want music that crescendos and shows the high points of the film.

I am mainly using Free Music Archive to obtain music; yet, I am still looking for the best music. I also have to figure out a way to display some dialogue with the music in the background. I need to record my actor saying some words in order to have the sound clearer, since there has been so much background noise with the video shootings.

Also, I have started thinking about the teaser trailer. How will I portray it, and how different will it be from the main trailer? I think that for the teaser, there will be almost no black screen to narrate the events of the film. The teaser does not give the story or plot; it mainly shows the highlights of the film without making it look too choppy. So, I will change the sequence of the events slightly from the main trailer and show different shots of the same scene every now and then (even though I shouldn't incorporate too many different shots, if they are still portraying the same location and situation, then that isn't really giving too much of the film away as long as I place an adequate amount of shots from the main trailer.) I might show some landscape shots at the beginning, then the airport, then the Miami enjoyment (Wynwood then Lincoln again since Lincoln was shot at night, it would be strange to show night shots before day ones? But perhaps I can make it work when I begin working on it.)

So, for what I still need to film:

  • My character finding out about the ban through a digital device
  • My character viewing the Tumblr blog of art 
  • My character creating art on a big paper while kneeling on the floor
  • My character desperately trying to contact his family through Facebook after finding out about the ban

No comments:

Post a Comment