Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Website Research

Since I am still working on collecting a decent amount of artwork, I have resorted to researching about film websites and thoroughly considering how my film can be represented.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower website features a basic layout with "home", "movie reviews", "about the movie", "gallery", and "story" tabs. The background for the website is the lime green the movie is noted for; however, I think this is a poor choice considering that lime green is difficult to conceive.

The Dope website, however, was non-traditional and explicitly target the younger, Generation Z audience. It features a website with a playback of videos in the background and a song from the soundtrack. The pointer for the keypad and the website
imitated a video game style, and a large emphasis was placed on social media.


As seen from this screenshot, the three main tabs above are "share", "follow", and "dashboard'. I want to follow this trend of strictly appealing to the younger generation and placing emphasis on social media; however, I cannot market it in a similar, lively fashion as Dope is marketed since my film constitutes of a heavy, more dramatic subject matter. 

The Danish Girl is composed of a heavy subject matter. The website for it is under Focus Features and is not thoroughly detailed: it mostly markets the purchase of the film and the social media components. The content for "about the film" is fairly limited, yet the website remains presented in an elegant, beautiful design, reflecting the artistic presence of the film. I want to borrow from this artistic presence and place it in my website. 


As seen, this beautiful still shot is composed nicely with the font and the diamond shape in the middle. Now that I have a basis for what I want my website to look like, I can begin photographing still shots for the website, and to incorporate more behind the scenes shots as part of my marketing campaign. 



No comments:

Post a Comment