Thursday, March 23, 2017

Movie Posters

I am looking at movie posters to draw inspiration from. I have an idea to make the movie poster a drawing or art piece; however, I am still hesitant about this from a marketing perspective. From the research I have done, movies with artworks are either animation or old.
Casablanca, 1942

I have been looking for recent movies with artworks as movie posters yet have not found any. Even (the more successful) independent films utilize a digital form of art in some shape to market their films. Thus, I have decided that this most likely would be the safest route. However, utilizing a particularly vibrant art piece can also reflect the revolutionary content of the film: the movie poster breaking rules. Yet, I feel like that is stretching it (maybe just a little bit?) 

Some particular movie posters that have captured my attention include: 



I am unsure of what the Grand Budapest Hotel movie poster is made of, but it appears more as an art piece. This correlates most closely with my vision of a movie poster; perhaps I can ask a friend to draw and help me fulfill my vision of the art poster. However, since I am not an artist myself, my choices are limited. Yet, I want to try both and experiment until I decide which one represents my film on a wider scope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment